Your first choice for
Why choose EthiQal?
As a doctor, you care about your patients and you work hard to earn their trust and build your practice. Isn’t it time you protect your life’s work? Partner with the professional indemnity provider who cares about you.
How do I join EthiQal?
- Download and complete the applicable form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- EthiQal will then appoint a client service consultant who will contact you to assist with completion of the application process and ensure that you receive proper financial advice. As we are committed to providing you with the right cover, tailored to your specific needs and at the best price, further information may be requested. If you have previously been insured by another party, or are currently indemnified by someone else, you are encouraged to submit a documented case history from these indemnifiers at the time of application. Ask for a clinical summary of all cases to be included in such report(s).
- After your application has been approved, a quotation will be issued.
- To accept our quotation, you will have to register on our electronic platform (https://www.ethiqal.mobi/). You will be guided through this easy process. When you accept our quotation on the system, policy documents will be issued. Our client service consultant will also ask that your record of advice is signed, if not previously done. This is a regulatory requirement.
- You can choose between paying your annual premiums upfront or on a monthly basis.
If you have questions please call us on 011 686 4200 or fill in your contact details and we’ll call you. We look forward to being of service to you.
Honest and full disclosure is important for us to assess your risk accurately and to avoid unpleasant future surprises. Withholding or misrepresenting information that may be considered relevant to our decision to extend cover to you, could in future result in the rejection of any claim or the cancellation of the insurance contract.
How do you know which professional
indemnity cover you need?
There are two types of professional indemnity cover in South Africa: occurrence-based and claims-made. It is essential to understand the distinction between these, in order to make an informed decision about the type of protection you require.